9 long years have come and gone
On this trip of life we’re on
Passing like the blink of an eye
But leaving memories that testify
That for 9 years I have been blessed
To have you with me for this test
You’ve been there through the thick and thin
Through every mess that we’ve been in
And when it seemed so dark outside
Or when I took a blow to my pride
You were there supportive still
Inspiring me to hold to my will
In those times we were brought together
Those times assure me this is forever
And that is what I get from the dark
But let’s not forget that you are the spark
To everything good, to all of the light
To everything that gives me all my might
And though yes I am a work in progress
The love that you share keeps me on the press
The good times that now I can recall
Trips to Disneyland, or just playing ball.
Camping trips and days in the park
Talking and staring at stars after dark
All those laughs that we have had
Dates and memories that make me glad.
You have brought so much joy to me
The three little ones you brought safely
The three little ones for us to love
Carried by you from our Father above
You do everything for them and for me
You are the rock of our family
I look forward to more good times with you
To marvel at all the things that you do
And so now in closing I’d just like to say
You’re my best friend and I love it that way
I love you so much my dear companion
And vow to eternally be your champion
1 comment:
this is great! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment