Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude Day 23

I forgot to write down what I was thankful for yesterday...again.  I think Shelby's birthday post through me off.  Oh well.  Today I'm grateful for my Pilgrim and Indian heritage.  Today, Soren and I got to partake in the 3rd grade Thanksgiving Day Feast events.  All the kids were pilgrims and the parents came dressed as Indians.  I didn't bring my camera so no pictures but I did run in a few three-legged races and ate lunch on a blanket.  The kids had to bring wood or metal plates and a wooden spoon to eat with.  It was a fun day with lots of good pilgrim experiences for the kids.  I'm grateful that Stryder has learned so much about the Pilgrims over the last couple weeks.  He has told me so many cool facts and I love it.  I may have mentioned this before but I'm a direct descendant of Miles Standish, the Captain of the Mayflower.  I also have descendants that are Indians.  I'm grateful for these ancestors and all the sacrifices they made.  I'm grateful for my pioneer ancestors that joined the church and crossed the plains.  I'm grateful my grandparents have done so much genealogy so I can hear their stories and learn from these amazing ancestors. 

No comments: