I found these amazing quotes on some random blog I ran across and just had to write them down for me to keep and read again to remind myself over the next few months.
'Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord, you are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens, and of the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty.' (DBY, 215) (Teachings of Presidents of the Church, BRIGHAM YOUNG, pg. 143 Paragraph 5)
And this one from Elder Douglas L. Callister
"Women ought to be praised for all the gifts they possess—including their attentiveness to their personal appearance—that so unselfishly add to the richness of the lives of others. We must not let ourselves go and become so casual—even sloppy—in our appearance that we distance ourselves from the beauty heaven has given us."
I am really trying to take better care of myself and start regular exercising and drinking more water this summer. I have this great new haircut that boosts my self-esteem every time I look in the mirror, but there is so much more I see that I don't like. I feel sloppy in the way I dress but think it's a result of all the weight I'm carrying, I don't have much that fits anymore. I want to lose some of this baby weight I've been carrying around for 6 years now, so then maybe my clothes will fit better and I can buy new clothes that don't have an elastic waist. I am so lucky to have a husband who loves me no matter what, but it's time I start loving myself no matter what.
1 comment:
Oh Taryn, You are a beautiful person!!! Your mom and I took a vote and we decided that we have a pretty darn good looking family.
And if it helps any, I'm still trying to get rid of my baby fat from Mackenzie and she's almost 11!! Thanks for sharing the quotes. Now it looks like I can tell Uncle Leonard that the prophet says the tummy tuck, lipo and boob job I wouldn't mind getting is ok (I just won't tell him which prophet):). Love you girl.
Post a Comment