Friday, May 1, 2009

What Were You Doing At Midnight?

Drooling over Hugh Jackman, that's what. Ben and I decided to act like rebel teenagers and went to see a midnight showing of X-men Origins: Wolverine last night. Really all I can say is OH MY GOSH!!!! So amazing! Really great special effects, awesome stunts and fight scenes, super hot actors and of course Hugh Jackman. I could further gush and describe the brilliance of this movie but my comic book nerd would come out and I'd rather keep her to myself right now. I highly suggest seeing it though, and definitely on the big screen. I may talk my hubby into seeing it again.

We are headed to California this weekend, for a break from reality. With my recent health scare again, I'm really feeling a need to escape and have some fun with my family. Tell ya all about it next week.

4 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Hugh Jackman is SO sexy! If I had already seen 17 again I would have gone and seen the X-men movie tonight, but we were on a date for our anniversary and I really wanted a like romantic comedy type. Now, I'm not gonna be able to see it unless we go tomorrow since I'm having this baby next week!!

The Brownlemmons said...

Mindy you totally missed out. Seriously, whats more romantic than watching a bunch of super-heroes take out a bunch of super villians. j/k I agree with Taryns critique for the most part, just not quite to the same level. I thouhgt weapon 11 was a little bit dumb (overdone), but I won't say more than that so that I don't give anything away. Overall, you should see it in the theater, but I still think Iron Man is the best Marvel movie that's been made.

Love you guys.

Ben and Taryn said...

Steve that is blasphemy and I will not have Ironman mentioned on my Wolverine post! :) I don't know which version you saw but Ben and I totally disagree, Wolverine is better than Ironman. Not to mention that Hugh Jackman is so much hotter than Robert Downey Jr.
:P

The Brownlemmons said...

You are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about which hero is better looking, or that Origins was a bad movie. Your response does trigger some recognition as to why you might have liked Wolverine so much. After multiple bare chested scenes, and even one or two where you get a peak of Hugh's butt, I can totally see where you would enjoy it so much. I'm just not into that kind of thing as much. Seriously though, I really like origins, I just thought it weakended the story big time to have the whole "Weapon 11" thing. I have to admit that the main reason it bugged me is because the character they did it to was Deadpool, and he's another of my faves. I was just bummed out that they couldn't think of a better enemy to fight, so they had to make one up. It would have been better to fight another villian from the x-men. I'll shut up now, but I hope that I cleared up a few things.