Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a Week!

The pain is almost gone. The bruises from shots are fading. The "bed rest" is coming to an end. This week however, wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped. I had a couple doctors appointments and Shelby's big trip to the dentist was Wednesday. Luckily, my mom took the day off to get up early and take me and Shelby to the surgical center for her dental work. She did really great and I only had one really heartbreaking moment when I went in to see her after she was waking up and her little face was red and swollen and she was crying. But once I scooped her up into my arms she calmed right down. The only thing she wanted was a Barbie and Grandma Day was kind enough to buy her 2. By that night, I was exhausted and not feeling good at all. I think I was just over stressed and tired and over did it that day. Thursday I was feeling a little better but still not great. I did give myself the last shot that night which was a plus. Now I just have to remember to slowly get back to normal, cause to much time on my feet takes it's toll. I do want to make a big shout out and thank my grandparents for driving me to my doctor's appointments and waiting around for me. Also thanks to my mom for Wednesday and picking Stryder up everyday from school. Thanks to Rachel and Connie for watching and helping with the kids and keeping me entertained. And thanks to my hubby for putting up with me this last week and for changing your lunch hour so you could take Stryder to school and for bringing home Super Big Gulps :)

3 comments:

Candice said...

I'm glad to hear that you're doing a little better, and you don't have to do any more shots. I've heard that bedrest always sounds nice until you actually have to do it, but to me the words "bed rest" sound very intriguing. Too bad I'd have to have a blood clot or a high risk pregnancy to get a chance. Not worth it! Love ya!

The Brownlemmons said...

Great job on giving yourself a shot!!! I can really understand your feelings here. After twelve years of doing it, I still haven't got used to it, and can't just give me a shot. I think that was the best part about being on a pump. No more stress and anxiey building up 4 or 5 times a day when I needed to get an injection. Now it's just once every 3 days when I need to change my infusion set. Glad to hear that you're getting back into the saddle. It was a bit of a scare when Ben said that you had spent a good chunk of the day in the ER. Try not to do it again, okay ;-D

Love ya tons, and give all those cute little kiddies a hug from me k.

Cindy said...

We miss you in nursury. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Let me know if you need anything.