

My mom is 50!! She just had her fiftieth birthday on May 13th and we threw her a big surprise party this last Saturday. My dad and sisters and I have been planning this surprise for months and somehow we totally pulled it off. She was clueless! I was so relieved. Lots of family drove or flew in and that made it even more special for her. I really think she had a good time too.
I just want to tell everyone how awesome my mom is. She's the best. All while I was growing up, she was there for us, taking us to the pool and making cookies and doing all the typical stay-at-home mom stuff. While in school, she came to every single one of my ball games and swim meets. I felt totally loved and accepted growing up and I know it was because of my mom. Even when I got pregnant, she was there letting me know she still loved me and always would. I had her by my side when I was married and later going through the temple. She has been there for all three of my kids births, cheering me on and counting. Without her I would have had many rough times as a new mom with newborns. She was with me when I was diagnosed with my first blood clot and helped me through that ordeal. She is a safe place for me and I know she always will be. I went through some serious emotions when my dad told me about her Parkinson's but I was encouraged by my mom's upbeat spirit and attitude. She is simply amazing! I love you mom and just want you to know how much I appreciate all that you have done for me and my family over the years. Happy Birthday!
2 comments:
Sweetheart, I love you and am so proud of the woman you have become. You are a great mother with some wonderful children. Just keep moving forward. Love ya Mom
I didn't think that your mom was that old. She looks good for her age! She was a great mom to you!
Post a Comment