Saturday we woke up and slowly got ready. I was anxious for breakfast though since we were headed to Potato Shack. Now for those of you that have never heard of Potato Shack, it is a little hole in the wall breakfast and lunch joint, that serves really good hash browns
and "Man-hole Pancakes". Seriously these pancakes were huge, bigge
r than the plate huge. Potato Shack is right by Moonlight Beach, so after we were done eating we headed to the beach. I was born in California and have a bit of the beach living inside of me. I love the beach!! Ben has only been to the beach twice and both times were with me and my family. How sad right! I was so excited to see my kids reactions to the miles and miles of ocean and sand. We didn't plan for a long stay at the beach and I thought it would be too cold to swim anyway, but pant legs were rolled and feet were lapped by the waves. Soren got really into it and had a wave knock him down. We had to stop and buy new clothes for him since I didn't bring any extra. Overall, the kids loved it and we are already talking about taking a whole weekend and just doing the beach.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Weekend in California
This last weekend we made a quick trip down to San Diego to visit my Aunt Joan and her family and to go to Legoland. Friday night we left town and caravaned with my parents. My sister Katie and her boy Mason were with my parents too. Right around dusk as the sun was almost down, a pit stop was needed, and fast. So we just pulled off at the nearest exit. Mason needed a diaper change and of course Stryder and Shelby had to go to the bathroom. However, there wasn't a bathroom, just bushes and lots of dirt. Needless to say, my son had no problem peeing in the bushes. Shelby on the other hand was quite the experience, that had all of us just roaring with laughter. We made it down to Joan's and luckily the kids went to sleep pretty easily.

Saturday afternoon and evening was spent in Legoland. It was "Carlsbad Day" so the tickets were super cheap and the park was packed. I didn't have a great time and I don't think the kids loved it, but they enjoyed the few rides we made it on. We are total Disney brats and there is nothing like "the happiest place on Earth". Legoland was definitely not that. Ben and Katie did make it on this crazy ride that was pretty hilarious to watch and I guess pretty intense to ride. Check out their faces in these pictures. This arm claw thing just rotates and spins and flings the riders around.

Sunday we took our time coming home and had lunch at this really yummy place called Farmer Boys in Victorville. Soren was starting to run a fever and just plain not feel good. Since we've been back he has continued to be sick and pretty miserable. Stryder was sick the Thursday night and Friday we left, but Soren's has lasted longer. I really hate sick whining kids. I'm so tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ha ha I saw his sombrero on the floor lastnight and was wondering what it was! LOL
Stryder's face is awesome! Our poor little boys!
Thats cool you guysw were able yo get away. Looks like you guys had a good time! When are we ever going to have a girls night??
Afton Road will never be the same!!Too funny. The trip was worth just that 10 min "potty break"! Love you, Mom and Dad
p.s. Funnier when we found out we were only 2 miles from the rest stop!
Sounds like fun! Carter is always begging us to take him to the beach. It's one of those things I'm sure we would have done if we still lived in Vegas. Whaddyado? I LOVE the sombrero! That's awesome!
Post a Comment