This year things fell into place nicely and we were able to spend some time up at the family cabin. I went early with the kids and Ben joined us for the weekend. The cabin is a little 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom quaint place with loads of history and amazing memories. There is no power except for a generator at night and did I mention the one bathroom. We always have tons of fun (so long as there is no flu getting passed around) and I hope we can continue going in the years to come.
This picture pretty much sums up how it is to have that many kids all together. A little crazy and very silly! They make such good memories together and I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of fights. This year was a bit weird for me because I didn't have any kid in diapers or needing naps or rescuing off the hill. I really felt like I relaxed, if helping feed all those mouths and braiding 14 heads of hair is relaxing (I'm really not complaining, I really did enjoy myself and the braids looked fantastic). As always the conversations are the best, especially while waiting for husbands (thanks Cari) and Nerts was brought back, woot woot! Such good times.
Fishing is a favorite for my kids. They were looking forward to their daddy getting there all week so they could go fish. Together with the Stewarts, we had a great time at the pond and each kid caught a fish. Everyone went away happy!
This is the tree Ben carved our names into 10 years ago this summer. I feel so blessed to have and share so many great memories at that little old cabin. To see more pictures head here.




No comments:
Post a Comment