This was a summer of superheroes for us. Which included loads of superhero movies. As a whole family this summer we saw Thor, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Xmen First Class, Green Lantern, Cars 2, and Captain America. The Avengers picture is an original...my boys own the Cap's shield, Ironman's mask, and Mjolnir. I want to print it out really big for my boy's room.This summer Stryder started Cub Scouts and received his Bobcat. It's tradition to hold the scout upside as the pin is put on, we weren't just torturing him.
A cheap green sprinkler was a helpful tool to entertain and cool off kids and dogs this summer.
I found this super simple tye dye kit and each of the kids made their own shirt. It was lots of fun and they were so proud of their creations.
These Toothless (from How to Train a Dragon) sunglasses were far to cute to pass up. Here my boys show how they really aren't toothless.
This beauty just takes my breath away. She is a total pop star wearing her sunglasses.
Yesterday we spent a couple hours at Black Mountain pool. It was the first and last trip of the season and it was perfect. My little Soren has no fear and he has learned how to swim enough this summer, that he was lucky enough to go down the big water slide, several times. He loved it and kept begging me to let him go again and again. There were some nice lifeguards that helped him out when he needed it and I couldn't tell him no when I saw the smile on his face every time he came down. Shelby learned how to swim this summer too and has turned into a little fish. I'm grateful my kids have no fear of the water since swimming has always been a big part of you I am.
Today was open house at the elementary school. It's crazy to think that school starts on Monday. This summer has just flown by but I don't feel like we did very much. We had some busy weekends, a couple trips to Utah, plenty of swimming, and lots of laziness. I guess it was a pretty perfect summer for us.
1 comment:
sounds like a "Best Day Ever" kind of day.
Post a Comment