Summer is officially over, even if the weather really doesn't think so. Today was the first day of school. The kids were definitely ready. Over the last few weeks, I've heard more "I'm bored!" than ever. Last night, Ben gave everyone, even me, a blessing and I can think of no better way to start the new school year. It was a little crazy this morning as I tried to get 2 kids up and ready and take pictures and make it to school on time. I'm surprisingly not emotional this time around, more just worried about them. Whether Stryder will be good and behave and enjoy 3rd grade and if Shelby will last the whole day at school and get lunch okay. Stuff like that. I have high hopes for this year and some great goals for us as a family. Hooray for back to school!
As we walked to the school from the park parking lot. I'm so glad I steered them away from character backpacks this year. Shelby's has a cat (of course) and Stryd's has a cool design with a bunch of "S" things (awesome find!).
Oh how I love this kid!
Running after her class, not even looking back to say good-bye.
And just something special because I had extra time on my hands this morning.





2 comments:
Dude when did your kids get so big? They look so old in these pictures, and I just saw them yesterday!!! I hope everyone had a good day!
Good job having extra time on the first day of school! I'm never organized enough to have extra time. Love those adorable kids!
Post a Comment