This year, we decided to see how Miss Shelby would do playing basketball. It's been pretty interesting to say the least. She has such a tender heart and just wants to make friends. Needless to say, that makes for a not very aggressive girl on the court. She's trying though and we've seen bits of improvement here and there. She can now hit the rim when she shoots the ball and there are no tears when I tell her it's time for practice. At least her team got purple shirts.
Stryder has become a superstar! He has surprised us with his skills and knowledge of the game. He is still a little lanky and timid at times, but he has shown such great promise. His best position is as a defender. He is a defense master and had at least 4 steals in his last game. No baskets yet but I'm really hoping he'll score one before the season ends. His coach has been great for Stryder and really helped build his confidence.
I'm so grateful for the opportunities my kids have to play sports, especially a sport I love. I'm going to be really grateful when the season is over too and I can have my dinner time and Saturday mornings back.
No comments:
Post a Comment