Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just Random

Life has been pretty busy lately.  We've been enjoying it but really ready to just relax and doing nothing for a change.  Here's some randomness from the last week.


Valentine's Day was pretty boring around here.  Shelby had her class party and what's Valentine's without a heart in your hair.  I gave it some oomph with the ribbon this year.  The kids loved getting little notes and candy from their friends.  Ben and I have never really celebrated Valentine's and this year Ben's back was bothering him and I was grumpy, so in an effort to do something fun for the kids, I made pink Alfredo sauce.  It was pretty funny watching them try and figure out what was on their noodles.  Shelby thought it was cake batter until I added the chicken.  Needless to say, she didn't want to eat the cake anymore.  We had a great little discussion about "love one another" and that was it, small and simple.


Dooley had it's annual Mom's and Muffins.  This is not a very good picture of any of us but it was early and Shelby and Soren are still in their pajamas.  It's fun though, to park half a mile away and eat yummy muffins in a crowded cafeteria with your sleepy kids.  I'll be there next year!


Hooray for making it through another basketball season.  With two kids playing, I wasn't sure I was going to make it to February.  Shelby had a great coach for her first year that made the game fun.  She made her first baskets at the last practice of the season and her face was beaming.  She is now the proud owner of her first trophy.  Styrder was bummed he didn't get a trophy this year but I think he still had so much fun.  He is a defensive star and probably had the most steals on his team.  No baskets during the games but he loved every minute on the court.


The kids have been loving the warmer weather and running amok outside.  This little lady was discovered by Stryder.  A completely fenced in backyard has been such a blessing, especially with our dogs and now cat, who all enjoy being outside.


To wrap up the random, here's is a picture of my boy after losing his first front tooth.  He was at his Grandma Brown's and in his words "Just ate too many waffles and it just popped out!"  I can't get over this toothless grin and I keep making him smile for me.  I'm pretty sure he now has a slight lisp and it makes me giggle.  The only thing he wanted with his tooth fairy money was an alarm clock.  Yes, you read that right, an alarm clock.  He was bouncing around at bedtime knowing that it would go off in the morning for the first time!  He's such a funny kid. 

No comments: