It's Wednesday again, but this time I don't have any pictures for a wordless post so how about a random word-full post. Stick with me as my thoughts wander...
I'm so mad I didn't take any pictures this past weekend. The kids were in red, white, and blue Sunday and Monday and I failed to take a single picture. We headed up to Boulder City Sunday night to watch fireworks. Best ones I've seen in town, can't beat Disneyland of course, but pretty awesome for a small town. Soren was a great commentator as he named and described different kinds of fireworks.
I can't believe it's July! I can't wait for August! When does school start? When will it cool off? I hate summer. I feel bad that we haven't really done much so far this summer. I can't stand the heat and crowds. We've made it to Black Mountain pool once and the kids loved it. I loved that they are big enough to walk around without me feeling like they are going to get swept under. Soren and Stryder must have gone down the little slide 20 or so times. It was alot too crowded for me but fun for the kids. I'd rather sit in the pool with them then sit at a water park and sweat to death. Sitting inside, watching Netflix, is even better.
I love to blog as a way to capture memories of my family, but as I click my way through other blogs, I realize how lame I am. I don't have the skill or funds to sew some of the things I want to. I don't have my own house to decorate the way I want to. My creative juices are running low these days. I can only make so many flowers and headbands. I made myself two skirts one day last week and now need another week before I'll attempt another one. I wish I was a professional photographer, or at least had the skill of one so my pictures could be better. Also, there are several professional photographers that I would kill to take my family pictures, on the beach, at sunset.
I love to read. I've read several books already this summer and have a stack still to go. We also started reading the Book of Mormon together as a family. It's slow going but our goal is to have it finished by the time Stryder is baptized next year. The kids are really into it and I'm excited to get to some of the different stories that I know they'll love. Ben and I have made it to the temple 3 times since the end of May and feel so blessed for it. I've loved every second spent there. The peace I feel is indescribable. I've tried to bring some of it home with me. Let's just say, it's a work in progress.
Elder Holland's message on "Good things to come" is what keeps me going these days. I have hope for good things to come and will share them when they get here.
2 comments:
I want to be crafty...was the skirt easy to make? I got a sewing machine two years ago. it is still in the box. :( I too hate crowds...and heat. I think if we were closer we would have been great friends. :) I signed lil ed up for summer camp but he has issues lately with being SUPER attached to me. Did or do you have this issue with any of your kids? So he has been home. something kinda fun for the kids and doesnt cost extra money is eating outside. I know it is a zillion degrees there but maybe at night or something. take care!!
It is too dang hot here! We start out pretty well going to water parks and doing some fun things…then it is too hot and I'll I want to do is stay inside.
You are super crafty, but I hear you. It can be very discouraging and a bit overloading to look at all these "perfect" suzie-crafy blogs and feel like crap:) Hang in there…I love Elder Holland's message. I listened to it the other day and felt such peace and comfort from it.
Post a Comment