Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma

It's my Grandma Waters birthday today. It also marks one year since she left this life behind for a greater purpose on the other side. I'm sad today. I miss her. It feels like she was just here with us but on the other hand it feels like forever since I've seen her. Time is a tricky thing. Cameron Steele, an LDS musician, summed it up best with his song "In Less than an Hour". In his song he talks about how God's timeline is very different from ours. To our Heavenly Father, our life on this Earth is but a blink in time, a few hours maybe. For us it can be years and years. But if we think like our Heavenly Father, it will be but an hour or two before we are back in his presence again. For some of us, less than an hour. That's no time at all. Over this last year, Ben and I have changed some patterns and worked extra hard to get our temple recommends. Our first time back after almost 6 years was an amazing experience and I felt my Grandma there with me. I need to see her again and will be trying hard to live my life so I can. There are several people I want to see again and I have about an hour.

With the passing of my Grandma, my mom's side of the family has rallied together and lifted each other up. My Grandma's love for us is still felt. My love has grown for my family and I'm grateful for every Sunday dinner. Until we meet again, Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: