Yesterday March 29th, was my birthday. I'm 26 and like my wonderful sisters reminded me, I'm now in my late 20s, ever closer to 30. I really have had a harder time with this age than others before. I've looked at my life and don't feel like I've got much accomplished in these 26 years. Ben and I were talking and we both just feel so disconnected right now, it's weird. But anyways I did have a great birthday day even though I've been fighting a nasty head cold. Ben took me to dinner the night before and Rachel babysat and then if that wasn't enough, she got me flowers and a little movie night basket, with some of my favorite things in it....Dr. Pepper, Reese's candy bars, and Jason Statham as "Handsome Rob" in the Italian Job. Sunday dinner was made at my request by my grandparents. I felt kind of bad since I did make a pretty elaborate request, but then I remembered that I'm the first and oldest grandkid, so I deserved it, right?! I recieved a gift card to my new obsession, Target, from my parents and Connie and Rachel surprised me with Turtles made from my Mickey Mouse waffle iron. Overall, a really great day.
Monday, March 30, 2009
I'm 26
Yesterday March 29th, was my birthday. I'm 26 and like my wonderful sisters reminded me, I'm now in my late 20s, ever closer to 30. I really have had a harder time with this age than others before. I've looked at my life and don't feel like I've got much accomplished in these 26 years. Ben and I were talking and we both just feel so disconnected right now, it's weird. But anyways I did have a great birthday day even though I've been fighting a nasty head cold. Ben took me to dinner the night before and Rachel babysat and then if that wasn't enough, she got me flowers and a little movie night basket, with some of my favorite things in it....Dr. Pepper, Reese's candy bars, and Jason Statham as "Handsome Rob" in the Italian Job. Sunday dinner was made at my request by my grandparents. I felt kind of bad since I did make a pretty elaborate request, but then I remembered that I'm the first and oldest grandkid, so I deserved it, right?! I recieved a gift card to my new obsession, Target, from my parents and Connie and Rachel surprised me with Turtles made from my Mickey Mouse waffle iron. Overall, a really great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Happy late birthday! sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Girl, you are kicking butt for 26! You've got three adorable kids and a great husband. I think you're diong great. Are those matching shirts with Shelby? Happy Birthday!
26 was a hard one for me too. It's weird, because you think that 25 is the landmark, so I was suprised by my melancholy feelings at turning 26 :) It's all good though, older just means wiser right? Happy late birthday. Love ya.
Happy Birthday Taryn!
Better late than never on birthday wishes right? =0) Sure love you guys! I hope this year is amazing for you!! Hugs!
I'm glad you had a good birthday, even if 26 is freaking you out! I agree with those above who say that you've done a lot by 26!
Happy Birthday. You are so young. Live it up, because thirty comes really fast!
Hey sis! How's it going? I hope your doing good and I love you! LOTS!!
Post a Comment