Easter Weekend
We had a very busy and crazy Easter weekend. Every single one of Ben's siblings came in town and all but Cari's family, who lives here, stayed at our house. Needless to say, we had 18 extra people sleeping at our house and by Saturday, 35 people hanging out. The crazy part was the 17 kids all under the age of 9. I know, right!! Even amongst all the chaos and mess, we had a really good time. I always stress myself out before these things and like always every thing works out great. We stayed up way too late every night talking and visiting and playing games. I love getting to know Ben's sisters better and talking late into the night always seems to be when we do that. This year we had a "egg hunt" in the house, that was really more like a scavenger hunt with the kids trying to find fun toys and crafts with their names on it. I think the kids had a blast. There was egg dyeing and loads of junk food.Overall, I think everyone had a good time and it was really fun being all together.
On Sunday after church we headed out to Katie and Jesse's for dinner and an egg hunt. This was the first time I pulled out my camera all weekend and Stryder was hilarious with all of his posing and pulling faces. Thanks goes out to the Russells for hosting and making a really yummy dinner. The kids had a good time here too. I am so grateful for our families. It can be hard sometimes but totally boring without them. I am so grateful for the love and support we feel from them and I know they all love my kids so much. Saturday night, Stryder came up to me and with tears in his eyes, said "Thanks mom, for this". I asked "for what?" and as sweetly as ever he said "For Easter". So thanks to all of you who made this year so memorable.




Oh and I have been blogging for 1 year now. I love blogging and discovering new and creative tips and ideas. I love sharing pictures and stories from our life and hope for more and more to come.
3 comments:
Easter was LOTS of fun! Thanks for coming out. Love ya!
Congrats on your blogaversary! This is such a cheery blog - keep up the good work!
- Lauren @ SuperMom Central
we had a blast adding to the chaos!
At least we brought El Torito salsa!
Post a Comment