Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Despite the unfortunate circumstances that sent us to Utah a week early, we had a really great Thanksgiving. It was my first Jensen family Thanksgiving, but sadly was not the same without Grandpa there. We did have a lot of family come and it was nice to visit and talk with those we don't get to see very often. The food was great, especially Grandma's rolls and my green bean casserole {ha ha ha}. Tara's pumpkin cookies were also divine. I don't really like pumpkin baked goods but I opted to try one and ended up eating like 10. They were that good!



Later that night we sat around going through the ads, writing out our lists for Black Friday shopping. I have never braved the early moring crowds before and therefore was urged to participate this year. I got about 3 hours of sleep then woke up and with my sister-in-laws, battled the toy crazed mothers and tv seeking dads. I got everything I wanted and then some. It was quite the adventure and I'm actually glad I went. Thanks girls, especially Laura, for the great memories.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, sorry I talked it up and then couldn't shop with you! I'm glad you've got your first black friday experience eunder your belt though! ha ha ha.