Thursday, December 4, 2008

6 years of wedded bliss

Amongst everything that was going on around Thanksgiving, Ben and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on November 29th. We were fortunate enough to have family willing to watch our crazy crew so that Ben and I could have a night away. Before that night, we had only spent 2 nights alone just us, since we've had kids. We went to dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory and then spent the night at Anniversary Inn. For those of you that don't know, Anniversary Inn is a hotel with a bunch of different themed rooms. We stayed in the Lighthouse Suite and it was awesome. Our bed was basically in a lighthouse and was round. It was just so nice to get away and be together without all the responsibility of kids and life in general.

Looking back I can't believe it's been only 6 years. I feel like Ben and I have been together alot longer. He is my other half and we complete each other. Ben is my very best friend and I love that I can talk to him about anything, and I mean anything. He is so supportive of all of my crafty endeavors and only wants the best for me. I love how he is teaching our kids that they should always respect me and our family. I don't often feel like I deserve all the love that he has given me over the years but I am sure grateful it was there. We definitely had a rocky start and I joke about our wedding being totally "shotgun" but it doesn't matter now. Ben and I are in love and though hard, it was the path set for us. Throughout the years, we have had some pretty intense struggles and life hasn't always been what I hoped for, but being with Ben has helped make the enduring part a little more bearable. I can only hope that we will have many more years to come and that our love will remain this strong and unconditional. I love you Benny boo boo boo boo boo!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! It does seem like more than 6 years! We're all getting so old! ha ha. I love the "Benny boo boo boo boo boo" part LOL.