This is a tag that my mother-in-law actually created. She wanted to know deeper things about us rather than our favorite ice cream or what song most represents us, I guess. It was fun though and now I'm glad I have some of this written down. Enjoy!
Favorite scripture: Alma 37:6 "... by small and simple things are great things brought to past..."
Favorite hymn: "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"
Favorite scripture stories: I love the miracles Christ performed and reading about Him with the little children.
Young Women/Men Leaders: Well I had so many amazing leaders and teachers too, Terri Clark, Kathy Nelson, Gina Wadley, my mom, my mother-in-law, my aunt Tonya Gainey, Laura Scoble, and Rachel Anderson just to name a few.
Favorite calling: I loved teaching the 7-8 year olds in Newport ward.
Least favorite calling: Now this is not necessarily the least favorite of my whole life thus far but being called to Nursery right after I was first married was not fun for me. Trying to go through the repentance process and trying to feel the Spirit with 2 year olds was a little difficult for me at the time. We were later called back into Nursery, when Shelby was little and that was a much better experience.
Jesus was happy today because you: created more things and kept a prayer in my heart for my mom all day.
Who made you laugh today?: My kids make me laugh everyday but Stryder said something really cute as we were driving in the car. I was explaining that Grandma Brown was going up to Utah for the weekend, and the first thing out of his mouth was "To bring home Rachel?". He said it so sweetly and was so excited at the thought of Aunt Rachel coming home soon, that it made me laugh.
Who's happier because of you today?: Shelby definitely! I'll explain in my next post Ü
Describe a sweet experience you've had recently: I'm going to go with an experience I had with my niece Meghan. It was a couple weeks ago and it was the day of her baptism. It was really neat to be there and share in that special day with her. Later that night, the kids had all been playing and the toys were everywhere! I was a little overwhelmed with the thought of having to clean it but also knew that in order for my kids to sleep it had to at least be slightly cleaner than it was. All of a sudden sweet Megs says she wants to help and with my help she cleaned up every single toy and even managed to get most back in the correct bins. I helped her while she took on the majority of the job. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness that it brought me too tears. I was so tired and Meghan, even after her eventful day, was willing to work so hard. I'm glad that I now have that memory written down.
What makes you mad?: Unfortunately my kids can get me pretty mad these days. So do all of those stupid political ads on tv, I'm sick of them!
What makes you sad?: The thought of never having another baby again, even if it's for the sake of my health, it is still sad for me to think about. Especially when I run across old baby girl clothes I have stored.
What do you want to accomplish?: I want to be a home owner and lose 40 pounds Ü
What makes you want to get up and do something?: Upbeat music always gets me going. All while I was growing up, every time we would clean house my parents had music playing, and we would all dance, sing, and clean together.
What's your favorite kind of exercise?: It used to be playing basketball but my body is most definitely not what it used to be. Just the very thought of some of the drills and early mornings I spent in the gym makes me cringe and miss it all at the same time. Now my exercise consists of walking back and forth across this house and now that the weather is cooling down it will be walking Stryder to school. I really love to dance too, but just with my kids or like a dork around the house (it makes me happy!)
How do you pull yourself out of a bad mood?: Ben! He has always told me that I can choose to be grumpy or not and he can also be really good at making me laugh. Sometimes though I just need to remove my self from the situation and be by myself.
What talent are you most grateful for?: Lately I have discovered this crafty talent that has brought so much joy to my life. I'm also grateful for being able love my kids like I do.
2 comments:
That's so cute what Stryder said! I'll be home tomorrow. woo!
That is a great tag. I like the deeper thoughts rather than the same old thing. I'll see if I can't get a mo and put something like this on my blog.
Post a Comment