Thursday, July 14, 2011
Some Thoughts
I felt like I needed to take a second and reflect on a thought that has been constantly lingering in my mind over the last couple weeks. After a horrible car accident that happened up the street from us, where the driver miraculously walked away, one of my most very favorite people said "God's hand was in it". It got me thinking a little bit about all the times "God's hand was in it" in my life. Then last week, my friends' dad passed away very suddenly while on the trek with the youth in our stake. My dad was there and very close to the situation and after hearing more and more about it, I know that "God's hand was in it". My heart is breaking for this family but I'm so unbelievably grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Without it, death would be so much harder to bear. I see God's hand in many aspects of my life and look forward to the day when I can look back at the trials we are facing now and see that "God's hand was in it". Some days are harder to keep the faith and recognize Him but I think that's when I need Him the most and if I reach out I know He'll be there. As it gets closer to the day that Stryder will be baptized, I look forward to seeing my boy all in white again and knowing that God's hand is in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! I agree.
A few years ago I had a little experience where I was told some typical churchy comfort phrases. The didn't ring true to me, but what peace and understanding I found was that we choose to come to an imperfect world, where God would have to let life happen. We would have to face hard things and he was right there to ease and at time mold the situation.
Before driving home Saturday I grabbed all the special letters I had from my dad. In one of them he related watching me run a race and how he wished he would run for me to end the struggle of it- but couldn't. It was my race to run, my challenge to conquer, my lesson to learn and only through it would I learn those things. How true is that of our Father in Heaven too. These hard battles will strengthen us in amazing ways and it will hurt at times. Growing pains :)
Thanks for sharing, for the love and for letting me share a little too.
-Dyami
Post a Comment