Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You'll Like Shelby, She's an Artist

Even though I just wrote about Shelby for her birthday, I had to write down a few more things about this crazy, random daughter of mine.  Here's a list of her favorites.
Food- salad
Color- purple
Animal- dog
Place- Disneyland
Movie- Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure
Toy- Zoobles

Shelby loves to draw!  I mean, LOVES to draw!  She will sit for hours at the table drawing and coloring and creating different pictures.  Now that she can write letters, she writes sentences and notes.  Lately she's been writing her own songs.  She is always singing these days too.  Some are songs she makes up and others are ones from the radio or my cds.  She is known to say the most random things and yesterday was a particularly random day for Shelby.  While in the shower, we had this conversation:
Shelby-"If I tip my head over and let the water run into my ear, will it wash my brain?"
Me- "Umm no, that's not really how your head works."
Shelby- "Well how do I get my brain clean?"
Me- "You can think clean thoughts"
Shelby- "Like soap, and water, and bubbles"
Me- (laughing so hard) "Yeah Shelby, something like that"
See what I mean, never a dull moment with her around.  Later on the way to school she declared that she was going to pray facing up from now on since that's where Heavenly Father is.  She doesn't understand why we need to bow our heads when Heavenly Father is above us, it's only logical to her to talk up to Heaven.  I can't get enough of some of the funny things she says.  Sometimes it can be quite embarrassing when she says some things due to her lack of filter.  Anything and everything will come out of her mouth but I'm grateful everyday for this bright, spunky girl in my life.

2 comments:

Lauren and Justin said...

Love her!! Seriously my favorite!

Laura H said...

I totally agree with praying face up. She is a genius to think of that.