Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shelby's 6

I seriously haven't let it sink in yet, but my little girl is 6 now.  I know I keep saying it but I truly can't figure out where the time goes.  Why is it that the four years of high school felt like an eternity yet I've been married almost twice that long and it's going by in a blink?  It's not fair.  Good thing I get Ben for eternity for reals.  But I honestly can't figure out how my little dark haired beauty is now a tall blonde goddess.  She is my princess and I love her so.  I love to spoil and dote upon her and lucky for me, she still wants all the attention.  She's not as girly as she once was and I have to beg her to let me do braids (she only wants ponytails these days).  She still loves a good twirly skirt or dress though.  She is still a huge animal lover, probably playing with animals more than dolls, and has since she was little or littler.  I love how helpful she is and how eager she is to help, especially in the kitchen.  Shelby is so smart!  She is practically reading and it's all I can do to make her wait and not finish her homework packet for the week, on the first night.  She's become more social and has made lots of friends.  I'm excited to see how she does at basketball this winter, put that height to some good use.  Speaking of height, she is TALL!  Tallest in her class and taller than some of the second graders in Stryder's class.  She is so pretty though and maybe as her mother I'm biased but I think she is just beautiful.  She has a kind heart but we are working on helping her become more grateful, it's been a process.  I'm not sure what life would be like around here without our Princess Shelby.  We sure do love her and wish her a Happy Birthday!




3 comments:

Nicole said...

It's not just you, I think Shelby is adorable! You should have seen my little Gracie when she was born. Dark hair and skin. Now, super light skin and hair! So funny.
So I have a question. What program do you use with your photos? I have photoshop elements...not sure the number. Anyway, I want to know how you make black and white and just a few things color. I think it is so cool, and I WANT TO KNOW HOW!!!

Ben and Taryn said...

Thanks for thinking she's so cute Nicole! As far as my pictures, I use Picnik. It's a free program online and then we spent the little bit for a year membership and get extra features. They have an option that after you make a picture b&w you can go in with a "brush" and put color back in. It's pretty easy but takes some time getting it perfect. I'd love to show you anytime you want.

Candice said...

SO beautiful! Hppy Birthday Shelby Rae!