Monday, November 29, 2010

Anniversary

Today Ben and I celebrate 8 years of wedded bliss.  I've know Ben for so long that I can't believe it's only been 8 years.  It feels like we've been together longer (in a good way).  Our wedding was a shotgun one but it doesn't even matter now.  I loved my colors and decorations and still use some of the decorations for our Christmas tree every year.  Of course I look back on it now and wish for bigger and grander but it was what it was and I'm grateful for it.  Ben and I have definitely not had an easy 8 years.  Of that 8 years, we have lived only 18 months on our own.  We've lived with all but 2 of Ben's siblings and all of mine.  Dining rooms, basements, and family rooms.  We had three beautiful kids in 3 crazy years.  Lots of different jobs and even more prayers.  I'm grateful for some of the struggles (not all of them...yet) and know that our relationship has only gotten stronger because of them.  Ben is my very best friend and I know I can trust him with all of my baggage.  Words can't really even begin to express how much I love him and how eager I am for the next 8 years.

No comments: