Sunday, September 19, 2010
Jesus is Real to Me
I just had to write down a few words about today. It was once again, my favorite Sunday, Primary Program Sunday. I love sitting back, listening to their sweet voices, and seeing their wiggly spirits. This year the theme was "I know Jesus lives" and I'm so grateful for all my kids have learned. We talk a lot about Jesus and how He died for us and how he was resurrected, especially after my Grandma passing away. They are so concerned about her living again and being able to see her again and talking about Jesus and his resurrection has helped greatly. My three little kids have such sweet spirits and it was evident today as they sang out with all their hearts. They gave their speaking parts clearly and loudly and I sat back as a very proud mom. This was the first year Soren got to do it and I was shocked at how many songs he knew and how well he sat through the whole thing. The last song, of course, made me cry as I listened to those little children sing. The lyrics mentioned how even though they weren't there to sit on His knee, Jesus is real to me. They sang about how they knew that He lives, and I could feel the Spirit so strongly as they testified of Jesus. I know He lives! He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know He loves those little children so much and I hope they will always be able to feel His love for them. I am so grateful for the Primary and the leaders and teachers, who help teach and prepare my little ones. I'm overwhelmed at the thought of trying to teach them everything and Primary helps so much. I'm grateful for my knowledge of the Atonement and plan of salvation. I'm grateful for my Savior and the peace and love I feel from Him. I'm grateful for my family and the eternal blessing we will share. Jesus is real to me and I'm so grateful that He is real to my kids too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with you about Primary. I love that they are learning such important things and it's not all up to me.
Primary program is the best. It's probably my roudiest week. I get so giggly watching all the funny little things going on!
I don't think I have ever cried so much at a program. Just thinking this is my last program to be with all these kids makes my heart ache. They did such an amazing job.
Thank you sending your children to Primary I love seeing their sweet smiles each Sunday.
Post a Comment