Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Must See TV

Now blogging about tv shows isn't all that important but each post is a snapshot of what is going in our lives. So here are our current obsessions, in no particular order.





















LOST

We fell head or heels for Lost. Ben and I can remember watching the first 4 or 5 episodes when it originally came on but we missed a week and, of course, became so lost. A few months ago, I noticed that seasons 1-5 were on our instant watch on Netflix (which by the way is the only way to watch tv). Thus began our journey. We were instantly hooked and spent many nights glued to the tv. We fell in love with the characters (or maybe that was just me, Sawyer is HOT) and wanted to know what was going to happen next in each of their lives. As we ended season 5, season 6 was currently on tv and nearing the end of the series. Lucky for us, ABC put all of the episodes on their website and we soon got caught up. The only show we actually watched when it was originally airing was the finale. There are lots of opinions and theories floating around about the finale but regardless of what time space continuum the characters were in, I loved the way it ended. I cried through most of it and squealed with delight as love conquered all and each couple matched up. It was perfect! I'm sad to see it end and not ready to let go of those people.


























GLEE

I love GLEE!! Sue is mean and Kurt is gay but how could I not love the spontaneous bursting out in song. The music makes the show for me and I'm eager each week to see what they are covering this time. Glee is much like Lost for me. It takes me somewhere else. I love getting sucked into a show that's fantasy and outrageous. Glee does that for me every Tuesday. The characters are silly but it's all not real and I love it. Like I said already, the music is what keeps me coming back for more. I grew up loving musicals and always wished we could just burst into song whenever the fancy strikes us. They do that on Glee, along with stellar performances. We have all the soundtracks and even the kids love to sing along. It just makes me happy!















So You Think You Can Dance

This is our most very favorite reality tv out there. The only one we really look forward to coming on. I don't know what it is about it but I love it. Maybe because I've always wanted to be a dancer, or maybe because I want Shelby to be a dancer, or maybe it's the way each routine can take me to a different emotional plane. I have favorite choreographers and past dances and dancers and it's so fun to see what they come up with next. It's just highly entertaining for me. I'm so excited for this new season to start.

For the last year or so we haven't had cable and only have one converter box and so my family has drifted away from tv. We watch movies or tv on Netflix or the kids (including Ben) play video games or just play. I have actually really loved it, except I feel a little isolated sometimes, since I don't watch the news either. But the kids don't see any commercials and then in turn don't ask us constantly for new toys and such. Lost is over and Glee will be having it's season finale soon, SYTYCD will probably be the only thing watched by us all summer, and I am totally ok with that.

No comments: