Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Breakfast in bed, handmade cards, time to blow dry and curl, primary songs, and special "sundaes". Dinner with family, hanging out with my amazing mom, and relaxing at home. Probably the best Mother's Day I've had in a while.

I feel abundantly blessed to be a mother to these three adorable munchkins. I can be frustrated or upset or sad but one hug from a little one makes the whole day change. Heavenly Father is very trusting, giving me three special spirits to take care of is quite the task. I only hope I can continue doing the job my Father in Heaven would have me do.

And just to make you jealous, I had to share the beautiful poem my Benny wrote for me for Mother's Day...

For all of the things you do every day.
For always helping me find the right way.
For every time that I have felt down.
And you've come to help me turn back around.
For always being a wonderful mother,
And teaching our kids to love one another.
For all of those things that go unmentioned.
For the things that don't always get my attention.
I always appreciate all that you do,
Because frankly dear, it is you that's the glue.
You are the one who bonds us together.
The one who is guiding us towards forever.
So the way my thank yous today will start,
By saying I love you with all my heart.
I'll try to find things to do or say,
So that you will know that every day.