Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pretty Flowers

A few weeks ago all the girls in my family went through my Grandma's closet and got to take what we wanted. My Grandma was tall and thin and I knew most things wouldn't fit me to actually wear but I wanted to do something with the fabric. I found this tutorial and knew I had to make some flowers out of some of Grandma's shirts. I even used the buttons off the shirts for most of the centers. I made lots and gave some to all the girls as hair clippies or pins.






















Then Shelby this last weekend, wanted to dress up in her pink princess dress from Halloween 2006, and it was finally too small. I asked her if I could cut it up to make more flowers and of course she agreed.




















And here's a recent picture of my other baby...Dixie with her new at home haircut (don't judge, it's expensive to professionally groom dogs). She is quite the handful some days. She follows me around everywhere, from the bathroom to the laundry room to the kitchen, all over the house. If I could get her completely house trained she'd be the best dog ever but *sigh*... we love her anyways.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Taryn, that is the coolest idea ever. You get to have something from your grandma even if the shirts wouldn't fit. I love it. Some time after my grandma died, my aunt took her ring to a jewler. They took the diamonds out and made necklaces for all the granddaughters. It is a treasure to me. Kind of the same idea!

Tara said...

Love the flowers taryn!! So cute.

Des said...

Hey Taryn! It's Desirae (formally Boudreaux) :) I haven't talked to you in forever, but I saw your blog on Dawnielle's blog and I have had fun catching up on you and your cute family. I just wanted to say that the flowers are the cutest thing! I think that is such a creative way to use something that means so much to you. Just wanted to say what an amazing idea and I have loved seeing what your family has been up to!!!