Saturday, December 19, 2009
The Elf on the Shelf
Thursday night an Elf came to stay at our house. He sits quietly high on a shelf or the top of our mini-blinds and watches. He watches to see if we have been good or bad and then every night he leaves to report to the big guy himself, Santa. Each morning he reappears in a new spot, somewhere he can watch us. No one can touch him because he will lose all his magic needed to get back to Santa and we have all taken turns talking to him and letting him know a few ideas for presents this year. Stryder named him Junior and my house is so full of joy and good behavior right now. He came with a book, The Elf on the Shelf, and this is now a new tradition for our family that I love. I think we will all be very sad when Junior leaves Christmas Eve, not to return til next year. He has helped keep the magic alive and helped us all BELIEVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such a cute idea!!!!!! I heard about the elf on the shelf..... so much fun!
Joan sez:
We got an elf on a shelf, too. His name is Elliot Lindsor Frankenhaaugen (E.L.F.).
We love him too (but we're not seeing much of a change in behavior).
That is so cute! I had never heard of that before. I might have to try that out next year.
Post a Comment