Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009!

I decided I wanted to do a review of the last year for our family, highlighting the good and bad. So here's a look back with lots of pictures.

January
Started the year off right with the Secondhand Serenade concert with Lauren and Justin.

February
We weeded and leveled out the courtyard and found this striped friend.

March
We celebrated in the Happiest Place on Earth! and I am dying to get back.
April
Easter was spent with lots of family at our house and with the Russells too.

May















My mom turned fifty and family from out of town came to surprise and celebrate with us.We welcomed Dixie into the family this month as well.

June


















Time was spent in Utah with family and Stryder turned 6 and Soren turned 3.

July
















For the second time in my life, July into August was extremely hard. We lost my Grandma Waters on her birthday, July 26th. I traveled with my family to Idaho at the end of July, beginning of August to lay her body to rest. My world changed that month. I have wanted nothing more than to become half the woman my Grandma was.

August



















Was spent recovering and relaxing up at the cabin and Stryder started first grade.

September

Pretty much spent trying to get into the swing of school and enjoying our family.

October
















Halloween! One of the funnest years yet!

November

Shelby turned five! Our house was full for Thanksgiving and Ben and I celebrated 7 years of marriage.

December

Christmas! Spent with family and thinking about those who weren't with us. We were very grateful for all we were able to give each other this Christmas and especially grateful for the gift of His Son given to us.
My hope and prayer is that next year finds us on an uphill. Last year felt like it had so many ups and even more downs, that I am ready for lots of ups now. I look forward to even more growth and change as the kids get older. We hope everyone else has a Happy New Year too!

2 comments:

Bob and Tami said...

The year in review is so much fun. Can't believe all that happened in the last year. Love you! Dad and Mom

Nicole said...

What a fun idea to re-cap the year. I lOVE those candy cane place card holders. I wonder if I can remember that for a whole year!