Saturday, December 26, 2009

All Dressed Up and Christmas Eve

I'm still having a hard time with the fact that 2009 is almost over. The year has just flown by and so have the Holidays. I just had to share a picture of the kids all dressed up for church the Sunday before Christmas. My mom bought them all new outfits and we just couldn't get over how cute Soren was in his mobster pinstripes. Thanks again Mom!

It's not the best picture of all three but I'm having the hardest time getting them all to look at me at the same time, whether they smile or not is a totally different problem. That Sunday was the ward choir's Christmas Cantata and Ben sang. He loves it so much and I love listening to him. We had a combined meeting with another ward and they performed my favorite cantata. My grandpa narrated and the Spirit lifted me up. It was a great day. That night we went out and spent time with my brother-in-law's family and had a hilarious time. Thanks Russells!


The morning of Christmas Eve, Ben and I braved the stores and the mall for some last minute shopping. It was a little chaotic but fun to spend time out together. That night was our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with Ben's family. They eat stuffed cabbage every year. It's not my favorite but something I still enjoy simply because of the memories and tradition surrounding the meal. Last year I made little place cards for everyone so they would know where to sit. The kids thought it was so fun that I, of course, had to do it this year. I had seen on some craft site somewhere, these candy cane place card holders, and just had to try making some. They turned out so cute and once again, everyone loved them.


Sadly this was one of the only pictures I took that night, such a slacker! It was a fun night full of family and good food. Later that night, we sat together as a family and wrote a letter to Santa, thanking him for coming to our house. We said goodbye to our elf, Junior and sent the kids to bed. It was still hours before they were all asleep and it wasn't until after 2:30 that Ben and I went to bed. I love the anxious excitement of Christmas Eve and loved hearing my kids talk about it too.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Those name card holders are adorable! What a cute idea!!!

Tara said...

Love the place cards!!!