My kids are really hilarious sometimes. Stryder got a pack of "wife-beaters" for his birthday and practically lives in them. He got dressed one morning and then later helped Shelby. Here's how they looked all day.

Can you say Abercrombie ad? I was blown away by this picture when I saw it later. These two are so stinkin' cute sometimes!
So Friday we had quite the surprise flash flood creating thunderstorm. Here's a couple pictures of what we saw out our front door.
We had a great Fourth of July this year and really enjoyed the day. Cousins came over and water fights started. Ben barbecued whole chickens and they were yummy. We all headed up to Boulder City and sat in the back of my truck to watch the surprisingly, really amazing fireworks. All in all, alot of fun that day. I am so grateful for the freedoms my family has living in this country. I may not like or agree with what is happening in Washington but I will always be proud of my country and those who have fought and do fight now for our freedoms. The Lord truly had a hand in establishing this country, so that his church and other religious freedoms could be possible. I love the last verse of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" and teared up yesterday while singing it in church.
"Our fathers' God, to thee,
Author of liberty,
To thee we sing;
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light.
Protect us by thy might,
Great God, our King!"
4 comments:
The 4th was a blast! Thanks Ben for the chicken. It scented the air while we watched the waterfights and made wonderful eats for later. Great Idea!! Thanks, Taryn for the fireworks in Boulder City idea. Wonderful fireworks! Thanks also to Cari and Roger for home fireworks, yummy salads, and lots of kids to liven things up. I think everybody had a really great time. The kids were all so good!! And even the weather cooperated!
I love all the pics--holy flash flood, btw. It sounds like you guys had a fabulous Fourth! And our prayers are with your Grandma!!
I love the USA!!! Cute pics, too. I'm glad you all had a great 4th!
Cute kids! We were out of town and totally missed the flood! I am so bummed!
Post a Comment