Monday, July 20, 2009
Short-hair Shelby
This past weekend we had three of Ben's sisters in town. Jana has been trimming up the nieces' hair for quite some time and this trip she did all 5 that live in Vegas. Shelby's hair was probably the longest it has been in her 4 and a half years of life. She was so insistent on having Aunt Jana cut her hair, I couldn't say no. At first I was going to just have it trimmed up a couple inches just to make her happy it was cut. But Ben walked into the room and with his strong persuasion, convinced all of us a short a-line bob would be perfect. Well Shelby loved that idea and down fall her golden locks. I was a little sad for a bit but it just really suits her face and personality. Her eyes just lit up and I could tell she was one happy girl. As my only daughter, ever right now, she holds a special place in my heart. I often times wish she wasn't so emotional but there isn't anything I would change about her. I love her smile and the way she lights up when told she is beautiful, especially from her daddy. She loves orange Popsicles because she loves her dad (Ben's favorite color is orange). The other day I commented on how long her hair was getting and she said it was because of the water. "Water makes the flowers grow, so it makes my hair grow too" she said. I love how she will play for hours by herself with only a few toys. I love how loving she is and the way she makes sure everyone has a hug before they leave, however annoying it may be. I also love how she looks like Katie and Rachel, two totally amazing girls, who don't really look that similar. I love this wonderful, beautiful, princess of mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was just going to say that she looks so much like Rachel in this picture! And I love her short hair. I just chopped off Amelia's hair too. It must be in the air. lol
First of all, I love little girls with a-line cuts! Second of all, I have actually had a few people ask if I would be having a bachelorette party. I would LOVE to. That is right up my alley, but I will be out of town! I have already let my mom know that I NEED the t.v. and dvr (in case I need to rewind or pause) that night! Next season!!!
Shelby is the cutest girl ever! Love the cute hair cut!
Shelbs hair is SUPER cute! You need to do a post on your bathroom. I want to see how it turned out. Love ya!
Post a Comment