
As if my life wasn't busy enough this last week and next, the Olympics had to be right now too. And I love the
Olympics! Last night I was crying watching Nastia Luiken win the gold in the women's all around in gymnastics. Her dad is her coach and his face was just beaming with pride. Seeing as how I have never been flexible or nimble I can't relate to her, but I know and can understand the feelings of pride for a child like her dad was feeling.
Olympics! Last night I was crying watching Nastia Luiken win the gold in the women's all around in gymnastics. Her dad is her coach and his face was just beaming with pride. Seeing as how I have never been flexible or nimble I can't relate to her, but I know and can understand the feelings of pride for a child like her dad was feeling.I was also crying last night watching Michael Phelps. I swam for 3 years when I was little and 2 years in high school, so I'm really familiar with the strokes and terms. I swam
butterfly in high school and just watching Phelps makes my back hurt. He is a machine and I am so inspired by him. I learned last night that he had the opportunity to win 7 golds in Athens, which would have tied Mark Spitz's record (what he is trying to beat this time around). However, Michael gave his relay spot to another guy, Crocker, giving him the chance to win a gold medal. What great sportsmanship!! Another swimmer that inspires me is Dara Torres. She is amazing! At 41 she is old enough to be several other swimmers mom, yet she is swimming faster now that she did 15 years ago. Her first Olympics was in '84 in Los Angeles. She is also a mom. I want a post baby body like her! I am totally inspired!
butterfly in high school and just watching Phelps makes my back hurt. He is a machine and I am so inspired by him. I learned last night that he had the opportunity to win 7 golds in Athens, which would have tied Mark Spitz's record (what he is trying to beat this time around). However, Michael gave his relay spot to another guy, Crocker, giving him the chance to win a gold medal. What great sportsmanship!! Another swimmer that inspires me is Dara Torres. She is amazing! At 41 she is old enough to be several other swimmers mom, yet she is swimming faster now that she did 15 years ago. Her first Olympics was in '84 in Los Angeles. She is also a mom. I want a post baby body like her! I am totally inspired!I love the heartwarming stories and feeling the spirit of unity with the different athletes all from different countries, putting political differences aside for the sake of competition. I have been watching the Olympics since I was little with my family. I have memories of watching the '92 games in Barcelona with my mom and wanting to be a gymnast after the 96' games in Atlanta. I also love the winter games as well. I'm excited to continue watching next week while trying to move at the same time.
Go U S A!!!!
4 comments:
I can understand your feelings about the olympics. I have been staying up until midnight every night, and suffering through work the next day jsut to see what has happened. I love watching excellent athletes and seeing the diffenrent things they are able to achieve. I still couldn't believe that Misty May and Kerri Walsh held off the Belgians for 5 match points to capture the first set of their competition last night. I'm sure that they would have still won the match with the second and third sets (expecially after seeing the clinic that they opened in the second), but it really is inspiring to see all the would-be impossible things that people do just by putting their mind to it. Phelps - 6 gold medals, 6 world records, and 2 more races that could make him not only the most decorated olympian ever, but also the most decorated at any individual olympiad. AMAZING!!!!
You rock! That's so great that you blogged about the Olympics. I have been glued to the TV since they started especially with the Gymnastics and swimming. Michael Phelps is freaking amazing and I just love watching him. :) GO U.S.A!!!
Hi! I made my blog private. Send me your email so I can invite you to read. How was the move?
I loved the olympics. But, like you, I have been without much needed sleep. I'm glad you have the worst part of the move over. Just the organizing to do now. That's the fun part! If there is a fun part to moving:) I'm really excited to have you all so close for a while. We've got to make lots of memories before I go to Utah. Love y'all!!
Post a Comment