Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Memories

I was undecided as far as wanting to do this but several others have and it was fun thinking of memories and reading others. So here it goes...follow the instructions if you would. Please and thank you!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh boy... well, you named a lot of the best ones in your comment to me, so there may be some repeats! I remember all of us (you, Ben, Jana, Katie, Lauren and I) packing up to go places all the time like football games and such. The Utah trip with you, Ben, Lauren, and I will not soon be forgotten ("Fuddruckers!!!") The Now trip was also up there(was that the trip that Ben and I introduced you to Def Leppard and you couldn't believe that we listened to them as kids? lol. I can't remember...maybe that was another good trip) TONS of game and movie nights, hanging out/playing Sims in your room all the time between college classes when we all lived at mom's, Playing each other's "expertise" games (Disney Scene It and Friends Scene It), Numerous attempts at making me watch LOTR (I still haven't seen Return of the King!), and just lots of random jokes. Thanks for all the fun memories! :) Love ya!

Candice said...

That first cabin trip is where I felt like I first started getting to know you, which is kinda sad cause hadn't you and Ben dated for quite a while at that point? Anyway, it's where I first saw that you were competitive like me (How can you not be when we played Nerts, Mission Impossible, AND leg wrestled all in the same weekend?), and that you were down for anything. Some of my favorite memories are calling over the wall when you were living with Mom and Dad to have you come play games with us, watching design shows with you when you lived with me, watching our kids happily playing together, and talking about kids, life, and experiences we've had. I'll be up there in a couple of weeks, so let the memories (and the game-playing) keep coming!

Connie and Rob said...

I remember one sacrament meeting when you bore your testimony and I was so touched. I remember thinking that some lucky young man was going to have you for a wife someday. I never forgot that feeling or the thoughts that came with it. Several years later, I found out who that lucky young man was! Do you think the Spirit was trying to tell me something?

Lots of memories since then. So many fun times and a few tearful times and a few shared frustrations. I remember when we discovered we both love the scripture that says "by small and simple means are great things brought to pass".

And I'm sorry to bring it up, but it still gives me a little tickle when I remember your famous corn chowder.

I have really loved the times we've spent together just enjoying the kids. It's really true that "kids do the darnedest things". So many happy memories! Love ya!!

Jana Brown said...

Oh man where do I start... Our fun beginnings in young womens! Fun youth dances which ended up playing like a HUGE role in your life! :) No thanks to me or anything... HAha, it's cool I think you guys have thanked me several hundred times! :) And Oh So many memories of late night chats, and games, and our fabulous movie nights that didn't last NEARLY long enough! No thanks to me! :) But I must say that even still one of my favorite memories of you is when little baby Stryder was sitting on your lap at the dinner table and hit your glass of milk while you were drinking and splashed it ALL over the two of you ... You've always been such a softy, but at that moment when your eyes welled up and all of us were left to wonder if we should laugh or make sure you were alright... Man, still makes me chuckle a little inside! Anyway... We've had so many great memories and I look forward to making more with you!

Ben and Taryn said...

So the roadtrip will always be great memories. That cabin trip Candice was also full of great times, I was so competitive then and I guess still am but not quite to that degree. Connie it's ok I can laugh about the corn chowder incident now :) and the same goes for Jana's memory too. I had totally forgotten about the milk spillage, that is funny now too I think :)! Thanks guys for sharing!

Candice said...

You aren't too competitive! At least I hope not, because you're no more than I am. I'm glad I've got a little competition in me because what's the point in playing games if no one cares at all if they win or lose?

The Brownlemmons said...

I could fill volumes with favorite memories of your crew. First, Ben and I being the only 2 boys in a family of 11 caused us to grow up more as best friends than worst enemies. I remember countless hours spent playing with ninja turtles, G I joe, legos, and that sweet spiderman that I had to replace like ten times because we played with it so much. It didn't take long for video games to enter our list of fun memories, and I loved the countless nights of playing Cruisin' USA while mom thought we were in bed. Now our games have advanced a bit, but I look forward to every time that we can play together. Taryn, when I try to think of my favorite memory of you, the first thing that comes to mind is a late night incident involving a baseball bat and a noise that sounded like someone breaking in. I was so relieved to find that it was just you playing around on the computer. It was so fun to spend those months together as well, and I still have the pan that "Stryder stepped on", though we both know what really happened there right. I love your three little ones. Shelby I think will always have a most special place in my heart, and I hope to keep the same spot in hers. Stryder has always been the adventurous one that is always willing to do something fun, and Soren can brighten up even the darkest day in a moment with that signature smile that he always has. Families are forever, but a bond between brothers can be even stronger. Love you guys!!!

Ben and Taryn said...

Ok Candice I am still competitive but I don't have to try to impress you all any more with my mad gaming skills, to be accepted Ü Oh and Steve the baseball bat memory is my fav! And I know Ben feels the same about you and it's because of your relationship that we were so excited for Stryder and Soren to be three years apart. Love ya too man!