Monday, July 7, 2008

Blessings

I love photography and looking at pictures, even of strangers I don't even know. I can just appreciate a good, well taken picture. On Saturday, a friend helped me to have some stunning pictures of my kids, by using his amazing camera and skill. The black and white ones are the result of Ben and I playing with the contrast and color, but we would never have had such beautiful pictures if the originals weren't as amazing as they were. Thanks again Cameron!

I also wanted to share my testimony on this post. This month, The Ensign has an article by M Russell Ballard about sharing and spreading the gospel through "new media". This is my chance to share my testimony of my Savior and publicly express my gratitude for all of the amazing blessings I have in my life. I know the Lord has blessed me even with all the challenges I've had in my life. Those challenges were a part of my plan and I eagerly agreed to them in order to come to this world. I often get frustrated with the happenings of my life but I know I am being watched and cared for by my loving Heavenly Father. He knows me and my heartache and only wants me to be happy. I am so grateful for this gospel and knowledge I have of his plan and his atonement. I know I will see His loving face again and be encircled about by his loving arms. My family, thanks to the blessings of the temple, will be together forever. Some days I don't know if that is a good thing or not, but I still want it to happen. I love my three precious gifts from God and I am so lucky to be their mother. They are some of my biggest blessings. I also love my husband. He is my eternal companion and the eternities will be a boring place without him by my side. I know that my Redeemer lives and I am grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah, these pictures turned out so well! Yay for Cameron James Photography! :) I, too, know that Heavenly Father knows our heartaches and wants us to be happy. We're all so blessed to be a part of this amazing Gospel! Great job following the guidance of our leaders and using a new media.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Such great pictures. Great testimony also! :) Thanks for sharing BOTH.

Russell Family said...

Those kids are too cute. I love you so much and will always support you in everything that you do.

Tip Junkie said...

Congratulations! You won our Doodble Bugs Stationary giveaway. Please e-mail me laurie@executivehomemaker.com with your mailing address so you can redeem your prize. ;)

Ed and Stacey said...

HI! Katie showed me how to comment. Your babies are so big. How are you?

Jana Brown said...

Hey congrats on that random doodble bugs stationary! HAha... I was just gonna comment on your kids and how adorable they are in those pics Cameron took, but I didn't know about your prize! HAha... So funny... Anyway, I miss you guys, and I hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

How amazing that you are willing to share your testimony on your blog! I was very touched by it. And your photos turned out beautiful, but it can't have been that hard - they are just darling kids!