Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What I've learned as a mother

I've decided to do a couple posts this week in honor of Mother's Day. I have been a mother for almost 5 years now and I don't think I will ever get it figured out. Here is just a short list of things I've learned since becoming a mom.

- Magic Erasers work great on walls, tables, and kitchen sinks and counters, but not so good on little kids' faces.
- Towels make great capes.
- Patience is a must.
- Ikea plates, cups, and silverware are lifesavers.
- You can never have enough burp rags.
- Bandaids and kisses make everything better.
- Birthday cake is best given in small slices.
- It's ok if they aren't looking at the camera just so long as I have pictures of the moment.
- Some cleanups are easier done right in the tub.
- Sippys found under the bed after a month or so are better just thrown away, not opened.
- Little boys can never have enough swords or lightsabers.
- One girl can't have too many baby dolls.
- Wipies are great to clean lots of things but need to be kept up high out of reach.
- A mom's lap is never big enough.
- A mom's heart only gets bigger.
- Saying "I Love You Mom" is the best way to melt my heart.

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

That's ADORABLE! Too funny. Happy early Mother's day!

Candice said...

You're so cute Taryn! I'm just going to post that it was ME that taught you about the Magic Eraser so that no one thinks you did that to your poor son!

Erica said...

Taryn, that is too cute!
Shelby is such a pretty girl!