Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day

I wanted to leave a post celebrating Mother's Day. I have the most amazing mom and I wanted to publicly express my love and gratitude for her. She is the oldest of five in her family and has always been known to help her family whenever she can. She married my dad 26 years ago in the Los Angeles Temple and had 3 kids in about 5 years. I have many memories of my mom always being there and doing my hair and taking us to the pool. She later had to work while I was in school but still managed to always be there for us. Between sports and school functions my mom was the first to volunteer to help. My friends knew that they could go to my mom if they needed a band aid or safety pin or whatever because she always came prepared. I was even able to be there when Trevor was born and see me mom accomplish that feat at 40.

My mom has had a lot of things to deal with when it comes to us girls. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't so worried about being a disappointment to her when I became pregnant. She still loved me though and made sure I knew that. I was so lucky to have her with me at the temple when we were sealed and then have her there when each of my babies were born. She has now become a super grandma, always buying things for them and me. I am so grateful to her for all the time and money she has put into my family. I don't think I will ever be able to express my gratitude to her but I hope she knows. I love her so much and think of her as a best friend. I hope she is proud of me and what I've grown into.

My mother-in-law is also an amazing mother. She is so strong and has had some serious struggles she has overcome beautifully. I think of her as a great example. She has shown nothing but love to all of her children and in laws and grandchildren. I am so grateful my husband had such a strong loving mother growing up. We love her so much and are truly grateful for all she has done for us too.

To mothers every where, Happy Mother's Day! I am so grateful to be a mom even though I never expected it to happen so fast. I struggle everyday trying to be a better mom and pray always for help with being the best earthly mother to these three incredible blessings in my life, that I can. Some days I don't feel worthy to have them, when I scream and yell and throw my adult tantrums, but then one of those innocent faces looks at me and says 'I love you' and I just break down. I will continue to try and be the mother I think my kids deserve and will always love them. I am a mother and I am proud of it.

2 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Such a nice tribute to the mom's in your life! Happy Mother's Day Taryn!

Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the comment! I do love that Casey is so amazing at building things. He did a Very nice job on this one especially. I keep telling him that he needs to start his own business.... anyways. So I do love having my own home but let me tell ya.... I would give it up in a heartbeat to be able to have my own kids :) So I am extremely jealous of you. I consider you the lucky one. :)