For a couple days before Christmas, Ben was off work and the kids and I enjoyed having him around so much. We headed to Springs Preserve and used the free tickets I won from the girls at eighteen25 blog. Each kid got to ride a reindeer (or rather a pony in reindeer antlers).
Ben and I loved the lights on all the trees. It was a bit cold but our spirits were warm as we created memories together as a family.
We had a perfect Christmas morning and the kids were so excited with their presents. I loved Shelby's face and reaction when she saw her Barbie camper that Santa had left for her.
Happy faces and loads of 'Thank You's made the morning great. Breakfast was yummy like usual and our three ward combined Sacrament meeting was wonderful. The chapel and cultural hall and every overflow room was full and His spirit filled in every empty space around us. The opening song was 'Joy to the World' and chills coursed over me as I heard us all sing the line 'Saints and angels sing'. Angels were there with us saints and I can't even begin to describe how incredible it felt. The choir, which my dad and Ben participated in, did a fabulous job of bringing the true meaning of Christmas into our hearts. The rest of the day was spent soaking up the warm glow of happy kids and loving family. I'm so grateful for my family and how spoiled we felt this year.
This year, Ben and I surprised each other with homemade gifts. We have never really bought lots of gifts for each other, our focus is usually the kids but Ben has made me a couple homemade gifts over the past few Christmases and this year he didn't disappoint. He hand carved me a family tree with different words that hold special meaning to our family on it along with hooks to hang things from. I love the time and energy and love put into it, just for me. I made the sign for Ben. It says "Remember whose you are". I grew up hearing "Remember WHO you are" from my seminary teacher and parents but Ben's grandpa used to tell him to remember WHOSE you are. You are a child of God and a member of this family and you should always remember that is all that you do. I want this to be our family motto and an ever present reminder for us. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas like we did and continue to keep His spirit with you like we are trying to do.
4 comments:
Love the pony rides and the ice cream cone trees and the homemade gifts and...everything! I think you are going to need to give me some ideas on the ornament thing. I buy one at the mall every year and I love them but they are running out of new ones. This year I accidentally bought the exact same one as last year. I may give them one more try but if they don't have something for me, I'm coming to you!!!
Wonderful! I wish I could have been two places at once this year but thanks for describing it so beautifully I feel like I was there. I did get a sneak preview of your home made gift from Ben. You guys are both kind of amazing in that area! _
Wonderful! I wish I could have been two places at once this year but thanks for describing it so beautifully I feel like I was there. I did get a sneak preview of your home made gift from Ben. You guys are both kind of amazing in that area! _
I love the homemade gifts
Post a Comment