Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Brother!


I usually only blog about my kids and our family events but today is different.  Today my little brother turns 12.  I'm surprisingly really emotional about it as I look back at all these pictures I have of him.  Trevor was my bud for a long time.  I can still remember the night our parents today us teenage girls that our mom was pregnant.  Then to find out it was a BOY!  Trevor was born on my 16 and 1/2 birthday and I'll never forget my excitement when my dad came to get me out of seminary.  I believe I shrieked something about my mom having a baby as I ran towards the door.  I was in the room when he was born and was one of the first people to hold him.  Poor Trevor though, didn't realize he was coming into a family that had 4 moms.  

Ben and I started dating 2 months before Trev's 1st birthday.  Ben became the big brother and was a pro at getting him to sleep at night.  They loved to build blocks together and sword fight (somethings never change) and he became the little brother to Ben too.  We used to get some awful looks from strangers when we'd take Trevor somewhere because he looked so much like me, they all thought I was his mom.  The picture of Ben and Trevor was at his third birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.

We made Trevor an uncle a few months before his 4th birthday.  He was such a good helper and these two quickly became good friends.  I babysat Trevor a lot those first years when Stryder was little and Trevor was the first person to get Stryder to really laugh. 

As Trevor has gotten older, he's become a typical boy.  He's still pretty patient with the kids and I appreciate every nice moment he has with them.  My kids can get overwhelming but as they all continue to grow older I hope they can become the best of friends.  Especially Trevor and Stryder.  Trevor will be a senior when Stryder's a freshman (but I'm not going to even think about those boys that old).
 

He came into our family as such a big surprise but I don't think our family would have ever been the same without him.  He's kept my parents young and he's been a huge help to my mom while she deals with her Parkinson's.  Happy Birthday Trevor!  The Brown family loves ya! 

1 comment:

Candice said...

It is so CRAZY to see how chubby Stryder was! So adorable! And is it sad that I still picture Trevor the way he looked when Stryder was a baby?