Today marked another milestone for the kids. Shelby graduated from Kindergarten this morning. She was a bit of an over-achiever (that's my girl!) and received several awards. One for turning in all her homework throughout the year, one for getting 100% on all her spelling tests, and one for how many minutes she had read during the year. She's pretty much a teacher's pet type who is way too smart. She has absolutely loved school and really excelled. Her teacher, Ms Greenough, has been wonderful with her and makes her laugh. Shelby was quite sad however when it was time to finally say good-bye. A few tears were shed by all as we walked out. I can't believe she's a first grader now!
These girls have been inseparable throughout this school year. And this picture is just another reason why we love Ms Greenough oh so much. I'm so glad Shelby made such good friends.
Stryder made it through second grade! It was a bit of a struggle at times but I know he would not have made the progress he made without the love and support from his teacher, Mrs. Apel. As I've mentioned before, both Ben and I had Mrs. Apel for fifth grade YEARS ago. She finally decided to retire and this was her last year teaching full time. It was very emotional for her and me when we said good-bye. She made such a difference in Styrder and I'm so grateful for all the extra effort she made on his behalf. It was so neat for Mrs. Apel's last group of kids to have a son of some of her past students in it. What a legacy for Mrs. Apel! She is an incredible teacher and will be greatly missed at Dooley.

I love looking back and seeing how they have changed since the first day of school. The biggest difference this year would have to be the teeth. So many missing teeth! I can't believe how big these kids are getting. I'm so proud of them and all they accomplished this year. The ribbon's around their necks are the medals they received for minutes read. Shelby's is bronze for 40 hours and Stryder's is silver for 60 hours. I'm really looking forward to more reading this summer and all the other adventures we'll have.
No comments:
Post a Comment