Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let's Talk About ME

In honor of my birthday in 2 weeks and because it's my blog and I can do what I want, I'm going to share a lot of me.  Me, me, me.  My loves and hates, pictures, memories, and at the end, a present for one of you lucky readers.  So here it goes...

I love to sing really loud in the car especially with my kids.  Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" is a favorite of my kids right now and I pretend they are singing about me ;)
Having a doggy door has made my life so much easier these days.  Now if I could teach the cat how to clean his own box, my life would be perfect!
I'm no good at making dinner on the fly.  I like to have plans and ideas for each day or I stand in the kitchen staring dumbly at the cupboards.
Speaking of plans, I love having things planned out.  I've been planning aspects of Stryder's baptism since December of last year.  I will plan stuff and like to talk about it and go over it again and again, make sure all the bases are covered and that I won't be surprised.  I don't love surprises unless it's a gift but most of the time those aren't surprises either.
I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.  I love how connected I feel to the outside world and other family members.  I love the opinions expressed and tips shared and the sense of community you can feel at times.  I hate how much time I spend checking it several times a day.  I hate how sometimes it feels like we're all up in each others business.
I love being crafty and creative.  I read and browse through several, I mean several, craft related blogs.  I would love to be as crafty and creative as some of these women but who has the time?!  or the money?!  Usually I can't find the energy to pull all my stuff out, make something o.k. and then clean it all back up.  Maybe once my craft room is better organized, a girl can dream right?  Also need to find spare money somewhere to buy fabric and freezer paper and all manner of other supplies I want.
I love Reese's Peanut Butter anything...cups, trees, bunnies, eggs.  But not Reese's Pieces.
I love to read but only books and stories that will take me to another time and place.  I can't read nonfiction or even a lot of modern day stuff unless some sort of fantasy is involved, like a vampire, but even that is getting old to me.  I love stories that make me think about 'what could be' like Hunger Games or Unwind.  I'm always up for new suggestions on good reads.
Speaking of books, my totally awesome hubby got me a NOOK as a way early birthday present and I LOVE it.  I mean really love it.  I totally geeked out over all the cool stuff it can do.
I get uncomfortable calling people on the phone.  You call me and I do ok but I'd rather contact someone else over the Internet or text message.  I express myself better through written words, I think that's part of why I started this blog and kept it going all these years.
I tend to be very passionate about kids behaving a certain way or following rules.  I've spoken out on a few occasions and probably offended many people because of it.  Now my kids are not perfect but I work really hard at teaching them certain manners and behaviors and I expect them to follow the rules, mine and others.  
I love how long my hair has gotten but struggle doing it.  I love being able to pull it up and out of the way but it's so thick.  It does not hold curl well and lets be real, who wants to spend that much time everyday doing hair. 
I hate my skin.  I'm getting closer and closer to thirty yet my face thinks it's 14.  I've tried lots of things.  I even went on Acutane in high school.  That was probably the best thing I ever did and I had gorgeous, clear skin til I got pregnant with Stryder and it's just never gotten better.  It's NO WHERE near what it was before the Acutane but I am still really self-conscious about it.  It doesn't help that I hate make-up and the way it feels on my skin so I don't even like covering it up.  Maybe I've never done it right but I can't understand how women can wear a ton of make-up and not get it all over their clothes or kids or husbands.  Ugh...it makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
Despite the fact that I'm not a teenager anymore I still have huge celebrity crushes.  Hugh Jackman, Patrick Dempsy, Joshua Jackson, and Matthew Morrison just to name a few.
And apparently I love to talk about myself. 

6 comments:

Russell Family said...

You're too cute!!! Love you lots and I think your beautiful no matter what!!!

Nicole said...

Funnest post I've read in a while! And in some things we are very alike. I am a big planner too and I love to talk about it but no one is ever as into it as I am! Laura reccomends books to me. Have you tried Matched by Ally Condie or the Uglies series by...can't remember but if you are interested let me know and I'll look at the book. I am ready the last one right now.

Nicole said...

ps happy birthday soon!

Nicole said...

So sorry to be annoying, but I HAVE To add that I HATE making dinner on the fly. It's like I can't do it. I have to have a plan early on in the day or there is a BIG chance that we are headed to taco bell!

Laura H said...

Wow who is this Nicole girl? Hmmmmm

I did just read a good book I borrowed from Connie Stolworthy. Tiger's curse. Not bad read.

Loved your post. I'm not gutsy enough to be that real in writing.

I have meals written down for the whole week or Ken will go to Wendy's before I get home.

Ben and Taryn said...

Blogging would not be nearly as fun if I didn't get such great comments like these. Thanks ladies!