Friday, March 18, 2011

It's Me Again...

So ironically enough,  my mom and sister made a great discovery this week after I posted my last blog.  In the 11th grade in my U.S. History class, we had to do "The History of Me" project.  We had to write our life story up til then and include pictures and awards and letters from family, sharing memories about us.  I got so excited when I was going through this.  I could remember doing it and even having to present it to the class but I had completely forgotten all the cool stuff it contained.  Tears filled my eyes as I discovered a hand-written letter from my Grandma Waters.  There is also one from my mom, my dad, my Grandpa Waters, Jen Kline (BFF at the time), and my aunt Tedene.  Plus some awesome pictures of events I had truly forgotten about.  What a treasure this now is to me!  Truly priceless.  And very fitting to find a whole three-ring binder all about ME right now. 

Now for some more awesomeness....pictures of ME!  and my mom...
My Grandpa was going through stuff and ran across all my mom's pictures from school.  She sure had some funny ones but I opted to spare her that and not share those.  But while going through her pictures, I felt like I was looking in a mirror.  I never realized how much I really do look like her, but more like her from high school.  Here's proof...let me know what you think.  The first one is me, sophomore year and the next two are my mom from high school (can't remember which grades).  Also note that I used to play dress up in the dresses she is wearing in these pictures and even wore the last one, a mumu, for Hawaiian dress-up day.  Ok take a look. 
















































Crazy, right?!?!  And I think if you know what I look like now, you can see it too.  I look so much like her, or at least to us, I do.  My mom was so pretty with her gorgeous sun kissed skin and blonde hair.  She's still beautiful now so that's good for my looks in the future.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I totally remember doing that same project. It is so fun to go look back on every once in a while!