Monday, October 11, 2010

Shelby's Toothless Smile

Saturday was a day of tears, bribes, threats, and lots of wiggling.  We were at our patience limit with her and just gave up that night.  The next day we kept encouraging her to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle because she wouldn't let either of us touch her.  Sunday night I was brushing her teeth and after two quick swipes, it was out.  She didn't even feel it and was super excited to finally have it out.  We had been bugging her and poking her and trying everything to get her to open her mouth, so once the tooth was finally out she exclaimed "Now you will leave me alone?!"  Her smile has changed and she is totally growing up.  I can't believe she's old enough to lose teeth.  The tooth was placed in an old ring box and left for the Tooth Fairy.  This morning, I have a very happy girl already plotting what she will spend her money on. 

2 comments:

Candice said...

Hooray! I can't wait to show Lydia when she wakes up in the morning. She's going to be so excited that she and Shelby are twins!

Nicole said...

We go through the same drama with EVERY tooth Gracie ever looses!!!