While trying to find my few Halloween decorations, I came across the first poem Ben ever wrote for me. It was my Christmas present a few years ago and probably one of the best presents I've ever been given. I wanted to get it written down on our blog so that when I get it put into books I'll have it there.
Too many times I've looked at myself, and thought of how little I have
The money is tight, my hair's not quite right, or my back has been bothering me
I've had failures and stress, and mess after mess, which appear to have no way out.
But with all this I've begun to see that in all these things I've thought of just me.
So today I'll look at the world around me, and instead think of all that I have.
I have cars and clothes and video games, much more than most people do.
I have electronics and gadgets of every kind, so many it may just astound you.
I also have a wonderful job, which is more than some people can say.
The people there are kind to me, and don't bring me down every day.
But these are not things I hold dear, or the things closest to my heart.
If you'd like to hear of those things today, the home is where I'd start.
My children are definitely on this list, have you seen an angel's face?
They come to me saying 'Daddy! Daddy!' til their wrapped in my embrace
And I can't even think of saying good-bye, not without a round of kisses
Because it's apparently me (that's odd) that everyone at home misses.
And lastly but certainly not least, is the woman who's always beside me.
She cooks, she cleans, all those temporal things, but that is not what I need.
It's the spirit inside her, that she lets guide her, that makes her such a catch.
So in this season I just want her to know that after all we have shared
Is put very simply "Dear, I love you!" and I'm lucky to have married you.
No comments:
Post a Comment