Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Randomness

No pictures were taken this last week for a Wordless Wednesday and I feel such pressure to have a post every Wednesday since I started it.  I think I'll be taking a break from it unless some spectacular picture is captured and needed to be shared.  Please keep coming to check my blog even if there's no post on Wednesday.

A couple people have commented on how 'perfect' Shelby's hair is.  She has stick straight hair that doesn't curl with a curling iron, only sponge rollers, and a lot of fly-aways around her face...not perfect.  But I thought I would share what we do to try and make it as perfect as possible.  I wash her hair at least three times a week and I started using VO5 moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and have noticed a huge difference in how soft and shiny her hair is.  I love braiding her hair right out of the shower wet and think it makes for less of those pesky fly-aways, that is until the afternoon.  I think good hair genes helps too.  My hair is around the longest it's been in 10 plus years and is thick and straight.

Life is so not fair sometimes.  Yes, I know I sound like a snotty teenager, but I'm serious.  It's not fair!  Just thought you should know.

I remind myself daily 'just a few more months'.  Life looks really good in a few more months.  I'm so excited for the holidays this year and loving the early planning already going on.  Disneyland is in our future and you all know how happy that makes me.  Plus some other exciting prospects coming.  I just need to get through the next few months.

I inherited some really random attributes from my parents.  Not just the genetic things like my blood or blond but random things too.  From my mom, a love of purses or bags.  I change my purse all the time.  I'm dying to find something new right now but have been holding off for the sake of savings.  Not that my purses are as expensive as some but I have bigger and better uses for my money these days.  From my dad, the need to rearrange furniture.  My living room is rearranged every couple weeks.  I'd rearrange other rooms too if I could, but some rooms can only fit furniture in so many ways.  I love that kind of controlled change.  I hate uncontrollable change and I don't deal with it well, but that's for a different post.  Also from my dad, I can't stand black and navy blue together.  It's just a big pet peeve of mine and I won't let my husband or kids wear them together, ever!  

British humor totally kills me these days.  Ben and I have a new favorite show we started watching on Netflix, called Top Gear.  It's a BBC show all about high end cars.  I could care less about the cars, the three hosts are HILARIOUS and Ben and I laugh SO hard every time we watch it.  We both want to move to Europe now too.

I'm thinking about doing a giveaway on my blog.  I bought these metal stamps and have made a few key chains.  I think they are super cute but not sure what others think.  Keep a look out for a giveaway in the near future (really it's all a ploy to get lots of comments but whatever).

Thanks for sharing in all my randomness today.

2 comments:

Cav Family said...

I love reading your blog! Do denim skirts count as navy blue?

Nicole said...

Ross has cute purses for good prices! Just a hint.