As summer comes to a close, I am eagerly awaiting fall. This is such a bittersweet time for me. I'm going to miss so many things about summer but I'm so excited for the fall. I'm going to miss sleeping in and breakfast for lunch. I'll miss the smell of sunscreen and their sweet little tanned cheeks. Good-bye swimming and water parks. I'm going to miss the freedom of just going where ever or whenever we want. I'll miss shorts and sandals. I'm eager for cooler weather. I'm excited for the new experiences my kids will have this school year. Hello preschool and two hours to myself. I'm really looking forward to a schedule and order. I can't wait for jeans and sweatshirts. Did I mention getting time during the day all to myself?!
This last month has been kind of crazy and a little stressful for me and so I'm really hoping school will start putting structure back into our lives. I'm not looking forward to the homework but really anxious for my kids, especially Shelby, to grow and progress through school.
Here's some pictures from our latest swimming trip. They just totally embody what our summer was all about. Stryder is totally swimming on his own and is so proud of himself. All the kids are just tan and happy!
*post edit*
We spent an hour at Black Mtn pool today, the last Friday of summer, and Stryder, since he can swim now, went down the big slide about 15 times. I loved seeing the huge smile on his face his first time down and he loved figuring out what made him go faster or slower and doing it over and over again. Soren can hold his breath for a good solid 6 secs and loves to look at things under the water. Shelby finally overcame her fear of the little kid slide and went down several times today. It was a perfect afternoon spent at the pool, finishing up our summer.



No comments:
Post a Comment