Friday, April 2, 2010
Hogle Zoo
I wish I had my camera to capture today but I forgot it :( but I need to write down all about our amazing day at Hogle Zoo. The weather was stressing me out all week as I kept checking the forecast for Friday. Last night it was saying partly cloudy. This morning, however, it said mostly cloudy with afternoon showers of rain and snow. I was pretty much crushed but hurried everyone out the door while I was still seeing blue skies. We drove through a little snow flurry on the way there that had my heart sinking, but by the time we arrived at the zoo, the blue skies were back. Dark clouds loomed in the distance but I prayed for a good morning. And that is exactly what we got!! When we walked in, we saw NO ONE!!! The zoo had only been open for about 45 minutes and I guess the weather was scaring away others. We got to get up close to all the walls and windows without having to wait for other kids. We watched rhinos eat right in front of the windows and came eye to eye with the giraffes. It was great! Alot of the animals were getting fed and were all up and moving. We loved it! My favorite part was the tigers. We walked past and they were cleaning out the area. I was a little sad but we decided to wait and were told they would be out in about 5 minutes. Well about 3 minutes later, three young brothers came barreling out and started to play with this red toy in the water. It was hilarious watching them battle each other for it and play in the water. We stood there for a good 15-20 minutes just loving it all. We had a great time in the reptile and small mammal house. Stryder has been addicted to watching Jeff Corwin and therefore, loved LOVED the snakes. I wanted to take the little sand cat home but I guess they're not adoptable. Overall, it was just an amazing, fun morning. One I will never forget and I hope my kids won't either. I feel truly blessed to have created such a great memory with my family and I'm so grateful the weather was good. This afternoon, the sky is covered in dark clouds and the wind is blowing. We were truly blessed today and I couldn't be happier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment