Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter in Utah

For Easter weekend we headed to Salt Lake to spend the holiday with Ben's family.


Sunday morning we awoke to this...

















Enjoyed this...














And spent lots of time with this...












The Sunday morning session of Conference was by far my favorite but that just might be because I got to listen to the whole thing with only minor interruptions. President Uchtdorf's talk was truly inspired and left me feeling so uplifted. I especially liked his analogy of the "twenty dollar bill". The twenty dollar bill may be tattered or torn or dirty or used but it is still worth the full amount. I just loved that. I loved the music from that session as well. The choir sang "This is the Christ" and I cried the whole time. We sang that in high school and I could never make it through the song without crying then too. Such a tender mercy! President Monson's talk that morning was also very good. I loved the story he shared about the young boy who "NEVER" forgot his faith in knowing he was a loved son of God who would be resurrected and went to serve his mission on the other side of the veil. It was just such a great spirit throughout. I think it helped that it was Easter. I know it helped my testimony grow listening to the prophet and apostles talk of the resurrection. I also love how Stryder is already growing a testimony of the resurrection too. He talks about it all the time and how he knows we will all live again. I know that my Redeemer lives and loves me and was risen on that Easter morn. I am so grateful to my Savior and the tender mercies I feel daily. We had such a great time in Utah and I know I left a better person for it.

No comments: