I've felt the need to write down some of what is going on lately but never seem to get a chance. Well here it is. Stryder is loving 1st grade. He loves p.e. and art and library and music and lunch. He is a funny kid. The other morning he rambled on and on about how the girls at school chase him all over the playground and how he has to jump up to the monkey bars to get away. I don't know how much is true but it still makes me laugh. He loves the monkey bars, so much so, that he has just recovered from 2 blisters on his hand from them. He is still a struggle for me most days, especially right after school. It's like he thinks that since he held still and was so good at school that he can come home and be crazy. But it drives me crazy! He had a dentist appointment today and was such a trooper. He was awake the whole time and only squirmed a little bit when they were giving him the numbing shots. He needs alot of it though and the doctor wasn't able to finish because he was maxed out on the shots. One more appointment, though and he will be cavity free. We are all eager to see how soon it will be before he looses a tooth. I love this kid so much.
Shelby and Soren have had a bit of a lifestyle change now that we have to get up early to take Stryder to school. But they are adjusting well and Ben and I are loving the earlier bedtime. I've joined with some other moms to do an at home pre-school and both Shelby and Soren will be participating. Which means that on the weeks I'm not teaching it, I will be kid free, twice a week for 2 whole hours. I can't even begin to imagine what that will be like. Shelby is anxious for her Princess Dance class to start in October and Soren has become a whiz at every Lego Xbox game we own. Seriously, you should see this kid. It is pretty awesome to watch. I am so grateful my hubby works so hard so I can stay home to enjoy these moments with my kids. They grow too fast and soon they will all be in school and then out of the house and what will I do with myself then.
2 comments:
They do grow up way too fast, but you need to learn to live in the present and enjoy every moment while you can before they are gone. Take it from someone who knows. Love ya Mom.
Who are you doing the pre-school swap with? I tried to set Chloe up for that princess class and it was booked. Let me know how you like it.
Post a Comment