Sunday, September 21, 2008
Primary Program
I am writing this more as a memory I want to make sure I remember. Today was the Primary Program in our ward. This is actually both Stryder and Shelby's first one. Last year we had just moved and missed the one in the old ward and our first week in the new ward was the program. I was worried the same would happen this year with our move back, but the Primary presidency made sure my kids had parts and were able to perform. They learned all of the songs in our other ward so I wasn't worried about that aspect. Stryder has had his part down for the last couple weeks and even kept helping Shelby with her's. Stryder said "I will only watch good TV shows" and all Shelby had to do was say "I'm Shelby, I'm a Child of God". Needless to say though, she got stage fright and wouldn't talk in the mic. She still looked cute standing up there. Stryder was very sure and clear with his part. The kids all did such a great job and it was fun having my mom and Ben's sisters there as well. My favorite part was the very beginning. The kids were all sitting in back so quietly and then stood and walked with their arms folded up to the front stand singing "I am a Child of God". It took two verses for them to all get up there and then once they were all in place they started the third verse. It was so loud and beautiful with them all together. The best was the chorus because you could tell that the littler kids only knew the chorus and it became even louder. I got the chills and a wave of the spirit washing over me. Tears came to my eyes as I watched my little angels singing "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him some day". Soren was trying to sing too but was really just making this sing-song sound. I am so grateful for the Primary program and the principles my kids are learning no matter which ward we are in. I want and need to do more with them at home and have set some goals for myself in those areas. I love those little children of God and hope I can continue to lead and guide them in the right directions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That sounds so cute! I wish I could have been there. We had Linc and Bre over on Saturday and Lydia started singing "I Am a Child of God" to baby Liam and Bre and I both started crying. It's such a sweet song. I'm really excited for our Primary program now, even though Lydia's still too young to be in it. I definitely need to do better lead, guide, and teach my kids at home, too.
I meant leading, guiding, and teaching. I done went to school fer a long time, can you tell? Ü
My eyes are full of tears after reading your post. I am so glad that you felt the spirit at the program. Bringing the spirit there was our main goal. I know I felt it so strong that I had a hard time singing I am a Child of God. I didn't want to be boobing in front of everyone. It is nice to hear that someone else felt it as well. I love the primary program. Your kids did great. It was funny to me that Shelby had stage fright because during the sacrament Stryder cracked his teacher up by telling her that he had stage fright! We both thought that was pretty funny.
Ok, did I miss something??? You said on my post that it's fun to be pregnant with a sister or in YOUR case a sister in law...are YOU pregnant??!!
No No No...let's clear this up...All three of my past pregnancies, I was pregnant with several sister-in-laws. I am not pregnant now. But I'm really excited for you Mindy!
That sounds so incredible. I was totally bummed out when I didn't get to go. I wish I would have felt better. I was so looking forward to it Saturday night, and was even careful not to play xbox into the wee hours of morning. I just couldn't believe it. I still enjoyed seeing everyone, and spending some time with the fam, even though it was a short trip. November will be better. Oh, and Candice, don't worry about your grammer. Most of us that have commented on this blog know that you only got a Basic education. ;D
Primary programs are always my favorite! What's more fun than watching children? They so easily bring the spirit - especially when they sing. Speaking of Stryder, he's handed me three things tonight to tie on him. The first was a blanket to tie around his waist so he could be a hula guy, because Shelby was being a hula girl. Then he brought me a long scarf thing and wanted that tied around his waist. Then he showed me his hula dance. Then he wanted it tied over his eyes like a blindfold and it was really funny to watch him try to get around with it on. How boring life would be without children!
How much fun! I don't think I have ever really looked at your blog but can Ijust tell you how darn cute your kids are! Man you two make cute kids! The pictures that you have are so darn cute I love them. It's good to see that you and your fam are doing so good.
Post a Comment